A truly complete conversion combining the Keisler PerfectFitTM transmission with all of the correct matched parts that have been carefully selected and tested by Keisler for guaranteed quality and performance.
Drivetrain component selection and installation instruction and support is critical to get the job done right. Rest assured, buying from Keisler - the leader in manual transmission systems - is the first step in the best driving improvement you will make to your Corvette.
1. TRANSMISSION - NEW TREMEC TKO-600 (600 HP/600 FT-LB), customized by Keisler to perfectly fit your 1984-1988 Corvette. A number of custom features are included (with no hidden charges) that you won't find anywhere else, including:
- Shifter location custom designed for your 1984-1988 Corvette.
- Custom short-throw internal shifter mechanism designed to provide better-than-stock shifting.
- Custom designed shift tower and tailhousing modifications to fit your floor tunnel mith minor modifications. Template and sheetmetal are provided.
- DNE 4+3 bolt pattern and input shaft configuration for direct bolt-in installation.
- Gear Ratios: 2.87 1st, 1.89 2nd, 1.28 3rd, 1.00 4th, .64 5th; 2.56 reverse.
- Low RPM Cruising - 36% drop in engine RPM in 5th gear (check out our Speed Analyzer).
- Precision Assembled, TRIPLE Quality Checked - assembled at Keisler by our trained technicians; 100% inspected for function, leak and visual appearance (check us out).
- Nation-Wide Parts & Service - Parts in-stock; service in-house.
2. TORQUE ARM BRACKET - Heavy duty billet steel, black powder coated.
3. PILOT BEARING - Needle Roller Bearing for long life and high capacity.
4. ISOLATOR - Heavy-duty rubber isolator. Polyurethane upgrade available.
5. BACK-UP LIGHT WIRING HARNESS - Easy coupling to factory wiring.
6. NEUTRAL SAFETY START SWITCH - Can be wired into starter circuit if desired.
7. SPEEDOMETER CALIBRATOR MODULE - Preset for correct speedo calibration; user adjustable.
8. SLIP YOKE AND U-JOINT - Heavy duty Spicer slip yoke and u-joint for connection to your original driveshaft.
9. TUNNEL TEMPLATE AND SHEETMETAL - Marking template shows you exactly where to cut your tunnel, and replacement sheetmetal pre-cut to the correct size and shape is provided.
10. SHIFT HANDLE - Original finish black anodized handle with black Hurst ball.
11. SHIFT BOOT AND TRIM RING - Quality rubber boot and stamped trim ring.
12. INSTALLATION HARDWARE KIT - High strength Grade 5 and 8 fasteners, properly sorted, bagged and labeled for easy reference.
13. INSTALLATION MANUAL - Highly illustrated step-by-step instruction manual.
14. 3 YEAR WARRANTY - 2 years to activate (in case you are restoring a car)! Extended warranty available at extra cost. Best Customer Support in the Industry.
100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- The best Customer and Tech Support in the industry
- Lifetime Tech Support from our premier experienced staff
Mike Campbell - '59 Corvette
Here's some pictures of my 59 Vette with a 520hp/427cu.in. fuel injected small block built by Pfaff Racing Engines hooked up to one of your Tremec 5 speeds, chassis built by Progressive Automotive, 2" dropped spindles, disc brakes, hyd. clutch, MSD ignition, Mattson alum radiator with electric fans, 9" Ford readend, positraction, American Racing wheels, took the door and window crank handles off, reworked the door posts to remove the window tracks and made custom pieces for the top of the doors to cover where the door glass was, the car is now a true roadster with no windows but can still put the hardtop or softtop on the car, custom machined billet valvecovers and air breather made to my design, all custom leather interior by Ron Mangus in CA. The car is an absolute BULLET!!!
See Mike's other car HERE !
See more testimonials >
Dwight Simon - '71 Vette
My happy story. After researching the various 5 speed companies offering a C3 Corvette conversion kit from an automatic to a 5 speed I choose Keisler Engineering for three reasons. 1. After a couple indepth conversations with Gene and Jeff at Keisler Engineering, I became convinced they offered the best COMPLETE KIT product. 2. ALL the parts required to change out my 700R4 trans to a five speed came in one kit. 3. Gene accurately recommended a competent local installer called Big Hemi Customs in Ft Wayne, In. At Big Hemi I spoke with Jason and became convinced they could complete the swap easily. Previously, the 454” small block from World Products was dyno’ed at the rear wheels with at 376 HP and 412 lbs of torque with the automatic. Gene suggested the TKO 600 with a 0.64 5th gear as the vette’s rear end is 4.11. He also helpfully suggested a few additional parts to really complete the install such as new tunnel insulation and new manual shift plate. I had The 5 speed kit shipped to Big Hemi whose crew did an outstanding job of making the swap. Attention to detail was super. By that I mean they repainted the shifter console and also fabricated new console support brackets making the install very professional looking. Additionally, when I dropped off the Vette at Big Hemi - Jason suggested swapping out the Holley carb for an EFI unit because of the cam overlap and idle problems I’ve had. Long story short – I purchased a Powerjection III EFI from Summit and had it sent to Big Hemi. They installed it easily and it runs real well. The trans allows me to cruise at 70 mph at 2100 rpm while the EFI makes the motor have civil street manors. I especially like the smooth shifting trans, zero vibration and stock looking shifter. I would strongly suggest the Keisler trans swap to anyone wanting to upgrade their pride and joy. I’ve include an assortment of pictures that you may use as you may see fit.